Wednesday, January 12, 2005

What am I looking for? (Walking Contradiction, Part II)

So what do you look for in a man (or woman)?
(I've decided I really want this blog to be interactive)

I know that what I want from a man continues my life of irony. I want a guy that understands that I am a strong woman, I know what I want, what I want to accomplish, and that it takes hard work, and time to get where I want to be. I also want a guy that is protective and a little jealous. I know, that seems odd, but there's a fine line that separates good jealousy from bad jealousy. Here in lies my walking contradiction, I want him to be a little jealous, but I want him to also understand that I'm an independent woman with great friends, and a great job that sometimes requires me to be at work or events later than I would like. Someone that also has goals, or has accomplished some of the goals of his life. But I don't want a guy that does the exact same things as me, I need some differences in my life. OH, and a HUGE bonus, like baseball! (Anyone who knows me, knows my two passions are Atlanta Braves Baseball, and being a Republican...so if a guy has those two things, baseball and Republican, he's already got some awesome bonus points!)

2 comments:

thelovelyval said...

This is almost every womans current predicament. How many times have you heard "I want a strong, but sensitive man. Someone who is a real man's man, but isn't afraid to cry."
I think a lot of the internal problems that men may face is that the traditional roles of men & woman are so different from what they used to be. Men are not "supposed" to be the bread winners or the providers anymore, its all about equality, blah blah blah. Woman can be anything they want to be, but men are still put in a box. They are told they have to be supportive, caring, okay if their significant other makes more $$, willing to rear children. I think I'd be going crazy if I were a guy. I wonder if as a man the unwillingness to be put in a box is the reason that committed relationships are so hard to find. I mean, think about it, its almost like women's lib or feminism all over again, just in reverse. This time its the guys trying to get out of the picture we've painted for them...
Did any of my incoherent babbling make sense just now? Probably not. I am tired.

Ace said...

What should you ladies be looking for? Two words: Napoleon Dynamite.

He's the archetypical stud muffin. A strong, independent type with great dance moves and a love of lion/tiger hybrid animals. What more could you possibly want?