Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Phoenix the worst city for Dating??

Ok so I'm a little behind the eight ball on this one, but someone just reminded me.

A recent AOL.com poll showed that Phoenix was named the worst city for dating. Well the day this information was released a few girlfriends and I decided to grace a Republican Singles event put on by local Radio Hosts Liddy & Hill (KFYI 550AM 4-7pm). Now this isn't something we normally do, but we love the radio show and decided to go. Amongst my girlfriends (ones at the events and those who were not there), the concensus was the same, that Phoenix is a horrible place to date!!

Here's my take: Phoenix and Scottsdale are as we all know, all about appearences. So everyone is all about putting on a show. Especially our beloved $30,000 millionaires...you've all seen them, they talk about all the money they have, etc, but in actuality - they are barely getting by, and probably living with their mom and dad. So basically you have both men & women just out to impress, so you rarely get to meet a REAL person. Now don't get me wrong, I've been out and met some pretty cool people, but they are definitely few and far between.

Which leads us to the next question... so people are all about putting on a show out at bars/clubs... then where do you meet your next viable date?

10 comments:

Ace said...

$30,000 millionaires. Priceless.

Ace said...

That's not a bad idea, for several reasons. First, you know you're going to be dealing with someone with the right values. Second, you know the YR guys are probably not lazy bums by nature. And third, you know that political interest and involvement indicates at least a modicum of intellience.

thelovelyval said...

I wish i could believe you...but I have yet to see a viable date @ a YR meeting. Maybe I'll be surprised at the next one...hopefully?

Ace said...

Hey, there's no rush. Back in the old days, you'd all be Old Maids by 24. What is the new standard? 29? 31, perhaps?

Jessica B. said...

Ya know what, I think that the "old maid" status has seriously changed. You could probably move it to late 30's.

But Val's right, it's been a while since I've seen a cute guy at a YR meeting. But I've met some super cuties at the National meetings. Ask my friend Chara, she laughs because she says I always make some guy fall in love with me at each national meeting I go to haha!

thelovelyval said...

Sign me up for the National stuff!
Wish I coulda been there last month...
And it's true the good YR's are married, or its a facade, and then you find out that they are the troll that lives under the bridge!

Ace said...

Does this mean the wife and I will be witnessing some entertaining flirting rituals in Vegas?

If you gals are going to be pouncing on all the single men, that means I'm going to be stuck playing poker with all the married guys. That's no good. The single guys are more likely to get hammered at the tables and be loose with the money.

thelovelyval said...

Ace, wouldn't it be better for the married men to be loose with their money, rather than with women other than their wives? ::wink::

Ace said...

Us married men don't have to be loose with the money; we don't have to impress the ladies anymore. We'll leave that to the $30,000 Millionaires.

thelovelyval said...

CLASSIC...