Thursday, February 17, 2005

Spring is here!!

I know what you're thinking, it's February, it's not spring! But, the defining feature of spring has come, pitchers and Catchers reported to camp this week!! This means that Spring Training is just around the corner.

My girlfriends and I are basically holding our breath till Spring Training begins... That means taking the afternoon off work to go feel the sun on our faces at the many spring training facilities around Phoenix, or spending a relaxing Saturday at the fields around the city, enjoying the heart of baseball...the newbies trying to make the roster!

Really, we are lucky to live in Phoenix and live amongst the Cactus league. We have some great teams that come through our great state. Granted my favorite team is a member of the Grapefruit league, but really, baseball is baseball! We've spent a cold winter watching football, basketball, and well normally I'd say hockey, but we all know that hasn't happened. ... we've waited patiently, and what better way is there to kick off the season than with some great spring training games?!?

I'm rambling here.... see y'all at the ball park!!

4 comments:

thelovelyval said...

Okay, so I am SO excited about Spring Training. I'm thinking that I am ready for a game (or 10), a drink & some cute guys...or just a lot to drink and some okay looking guys...See you at the game!!

Jessica B. said...

Oh DEFINITELY!! The essence of spring training, is beers, margaritas, sun, cute boys, and GOOD BASEBALL!

Ace said...

Sounds like fun.

Will you be playing the latest Cactus League drinking game, "Spot the Steriod Juicer"?

Jessica B. said...

Haha I think the game may be changed to who USED To juice - 'cause we all know how slimmed down Jason Giambi was last year.. New diet? HAHA RIGHT!! He just thought he was going to get tested for 'roids! It'll be even more noticable this year