Saturday, October 01, 2005

Time for A Change?

True Friends...

I've always prided myself on being able to be a chameleon...I can get along with just about anyone, and fit in with just about any crowd. I think that's a great trait to have, but at the same time I think it's also made it very hard to find true friends that can really identify with every part of me, and my life.

Don't get me wrong, I love the friends that I have....they are great! Each of them has part of my life that they fit into perfectly, and help me in. Lately though I just haven't felt as though I fit into any area, or with any group that I'm around. Because of that, my patience, and tolerance for the little quirks that make one person fine with one group, but not another. I just can't handle the attitudes, and the way people act some times. These things are now driving me absolutely nuts, and make me think that I don't belong hanging out with these friends at all.

I wonder, am I growing up, am I finally figuring out exactly who I am, and where I should be going in my life? Or am I just going through this super bitchy time in my life? I know that part of this stems from me realizing that I'm really not happy with my job...and that's making me consider making some very big changes. Mainly, picking up my life, and moving...I'm strongly considering moving back to the south, and living in Atlanta. Unfortunately only ONE of my friends has had a positive reaction to this....she told me that she thought this could be an amazing opportunity for me to finally get all the things that I really want to accomplish in my career and in my life. So I'm starting to venture that way....but it's been difficult, especially with most of my friends having such a negative reaction to my idea.....But who knows, maybe this change will not only bring about new opportunites, but new friends.

Well I want to end this on a positive note... I do have one friend that does know every part of me, and fits in every part of my life....I think she put it the best when she said to me "we keep each other sane, we ground each other." Even though she's on the other side of the world - those times we get to talk or email really become my saving grace, and remind me that I'm not totally lost. So, Audrey, thank you!!


(and to my friends here at home....I still love you, I'm just going through a rough time right now...)

No comments: