*this post has nothing to do with dating*
I lead a very chameleon-like life. I have several distinct groups of friends, that if people from one group were to see me with another, they would probably ask "who is that? That can't be Jessica." Now don't get me wrong some friends transcend the different groups, but for the most part, they are pretty different.
There is a difference between having this chameleon-like life, and living a life of hypocrisy though. I've seen people recently that lead lives where one side of them literally condemns their other side. This doesn't seem right. (Yes I'm referring to religion here) I am a Catholic, and I know that I do not live my life the way that I should in the eyes of the church, but the great thing about being a Catholic is I can ask for forgiveness, be truly sorry, and be seen as clean in God's eyes. I've been bothered lately by seeing people criticize the way others live, when they too, do the same things. They are out there living lives of sin, and then criticizing their friends that do the same things because those acts are seen as un-Christian.
I have one piece of advice for these people: BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF. How does the saying go? People who live in glass houses...
Thursday, June 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment