Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Timing is everything

Timing really is everything isn't it? It's amazing how time can either make something perfect, or make something absolutely horrible. Think about it....the difference of a second can mean winning a gold medal, or being involved in a car accident. Unfortunately the same thing relates to relationships as well.

Most people know that in order to be happy in a relationship, you must first be happy with yourself. Unfortunately my (now ex) boyfriend is going through a time where he is not happy with himself, and his life. I don't think there's just one thing that has made him unhappy, but he is, and unfortunately because of that, we aren't together anymore.

So what does timing have to do with that? Well, our relationship was great (not perfect, but what is? everyone has rough days). We were comfortable in any situation, and had fun doing anything together. We could be partying our ass off, or just relaxing at home, and we'd be having great conversation, lauging, and just generally having a wonderful time. If you talked to anyone around us, we were THAT couple. Unfortunately our timing must be off...he's not happy in life, and needs to find a way to get his life the way he wants it. The sacrifice being, we're not together.

Needless to say, this week has been extremely rough. It's hard to let go of a love, when there's nothing seemingly wrong with your relationship. Even harder, because you care, you both want to still be friends, be in contact, help one another. I know, I'm probably making it all worse, but it just seems worth it...

Timing really is everything, and some times everything lines up except one thing, and that one thing can throw everything else off.

1 comment:

thelovelyval said...

I know how hard this time must be for you. I think about you all the time & want you to know that if you need anything, let me know... i'll do whatever I can.
Just know that in this time, he's making himself a better person. Thats a good thing.
Love you.