Friday, September 29, 2006

I never thought I'd say this...

...but today, I am embarassed to be from Arizona.

(This blog is a little different than normal, it touches on one of my passions, politics, instead of dating).

Perhaps you've read, or seen on TV lately some stories about Arizona's new 9/11 Memorial. It was dedicated by our Governor on September 11, 2006. It is anything but a Memorial, it's basically one large political yard sign in the front yard of our State Capitol. It's a disgrace that this is how our state has decided to memorialize this event with political statements.

Some of the statements that are etched (not grafitti, actually a part of the memorial) on the memorial are:

“You don’t win battles of terrorism with more battles”

“Congress questions why CIA & FBI didn’t prevent attacks”

Below are some links to video of Arizonans on national news speaking about their outrage that this memorial represents the citizens of Arizona. I'm right there with them, this is rediculous.

Greg Patterson on "Fox & Friends" discussing the 9-11 Memorial in Wesley Bowlin Plaza : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZbwRv21_Lg&NR

Rep. Russell Pearce talks to Brian Wilson on Fox News:
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/09/24/video-fox-covers-arizona-911-memorial-controversy/

Here is the Arizona Republican Party's Response to this "memorial":

Arizona Republican Party Commercial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJlhAbj63hk

(disclaimer: this memorial was privately funded, but placed on state property.)

No comments: