Sunday, September 10, 2006

He's Just Not That Into You

So I know I've talked about this book before, and it's a great book. I definitely suggest that if you're single, and female, you need to read this book. BUT what about where it left off...

Ok so ultimately, if you read this, when you get to the end, you will say "Well Jess, these guys, just aren't that into you!" BUT I've gotta put this out there anyway.

Let's see here. Since being in NOVA 3 guys, 3 disappearances. Well as the book says, you should let the guys chase you. If they are interested in you, they will come after you. Well I know this, and I've definitely been good about sticking to this. I'll return calls, I don't make the initial contact in any situation. I'll be honest though, it hasn't done well.

Here is what has happened. I've gone out with three different guys here, and each of them, I've had a great time with, more than once. Several dates usually, going over the course of a few weeks. Each of them, has all of a sudden dropped off the face of the planet. I've never pursued too much, just keeping to my thing, my friends, but enjoying the time that I had with these guys. One of them, especially. (A small side note, none of these overlapped - they were all separate incidents.)

In this last incident, this guy and I were hitting it off from our very first date. It was amazing. We spoke every day, and would get together when he was not traveling for work. Then, last week, we had an "unexpected" date. We didn't have any plans originally but we both knew we had some busy times ahead. So we got together and then had plans to get together the next night as well. Our "unexpected" night was great; we were talking about what we had planned upcoming (me going to Atlanta), him going to North Carolina for work. We knew he was going to be gone for about 3 weeks for work, so we'd even talked about me coming to visit NC for his birthday. Well we came home, and had a great rest of the evening Then, the next day, it came time for me to leave work, I called him to let him know I was on my way home. That was it, and since then, nothing! For 5 days...

I guess he's just not that into me right? But why hook a girl in, and talk "future" stuff, if you have no intention of following through? I get the "signs" of showing you're not interested.

So this is where "He's Just Not that Into You" leaves off...The book doesn't address what it means, or what to do when the guy does show all the signs of being into you (i.e. him pursuing you, coming to you, etc) but then all of a sudden takes off. It's just one of those things I guess... the base line is still true...

No comments: