So being in a bigger city does not necessarily mean better night life. Or at least that's what I'm seeing so far. There are definitely more "glitzy," stand in line to see if you're chosen type places here (which have their place every once and a while). But I've yet to find that place that reminds me of Scottsdale, and the fun I had there.
Scottsdale is known for being cool and chic, but still laid back in nature. I guess because we are blessed to have a plethora (well I guess not as much anymore) space, and great weather, we have a lot of indoor / outdoor places. Even during the winter, the outdoor areas are packed. My favorite, by far is Devil's Martini (both North & South). At any place you're going to have your "VIP" group (read: I think I'm important and pay so you know it) that relates to pretty much everyone here in DC. Devil's was that great mix of a place. Not quite a bar, but not quite a club either. There was always a great mix of people, a great mix of music, and always a good time.
I definitely need to find a place like that here!! But maybe it's the people here, not the places, and I just haven't found the friends I'll have fun with here like I did back home.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment