Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Where Have all the Good Men Gone?

I'm sure I've probably written something like this before, but every once and a while I just have a moment and go, "am I dumb?" I know all of us have had it happen before, and more often than not, it's us women that it happen to. I will be the first person to admit that when it comes to people, I'm a little naive, and sometimes too trusting. I have a tendency to give people the benefit of the doubt, until they prove me wrong.

Well I've gone out on a couple dates since I've been here in D.C., with a couple guys that I thought were great. Now these weren't thoughts that were put in to my head prior to us going out and spending an extended period of time together, these thoughts came from great conversation, great exchanges in ideas, and commonalities in life. (I know what you're thinking, it could all be an act, and in hind sight, I think that could be true.)

Both of these dates were not your typical dinner and a movie type thing. They tended to be those perfect, long dates. Where you think you're going to start out just doing one thing, and it turns in to a sequence of fun events. One of those "day-long" dates. In both of those instances, I didn't hear from the guy again. (Ok, one of the guys called once after that, nothing after that).

Guys, this is where it's your turn to chime in...
Personally, if I'm not having a good time with someone, I don't want to be around them. I sure as heck am not going to go on an extended date with them! Would you?

Both of these instances are just about a month behind me now. I'm still holding out hope that the guys on the east coast aren't all like this...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

West Coast Guys RULE!!!!

Anonymous said...

JB,
There are plenty of fish in the sea...just keep fishing...you will find your knight in shining armor in due time. Just be patient.

your friend,
Derek C.