When guys hit 30, do they revert to acting like toddlers??
I don't know what's goin around the east coast here (sorry to generalize), but wow guys are childish here.
My luck has changed around here, that's for sure. I went from guys I like disappearing, to guys I don't like who won't disappear. Here are the two stories I've had recently. (I'll warn you now, they're poorly written simply because I'm just in a ranting mood):
So I decided to try Match.com. It's been interesting to say the least. The very first guy I went out with look anything like his picture, and just totally wasn't my type. We did the day date thing, and that was really it. He kept pushing me to go to a party with him that night, and I just didn't want to go. It was a crowd I wasn't really comfortable with. Well he called me that night about 3 times, asking me to come to the party. Then, I went out of town to visit friends, and he just kept calling (even though he knew I was gone). I told him I wasn't going to be on the phone while I was gone, and I'd see about giving him a call when I get back (basically, the polite way of saying, nope, I'm not gonna call). Well out of no where, like two days ago he messages me on Match asking me if I like this cold weather. I probably shouldn't have responded...well then I got a message from him on myspace asking why he gets all of my blog updates. I proceeded to tell him that I didn't know because he was no longer on my friends list. Well he then decides he needs to make a comment about my default picture, and how he never would have given me the time of day if it weren't for my boobs, and he hopes that the project men I'm dating now are better than him. (I'd previously mentioned to him that in the past, I dated what I call "project men" and that I've moved away from that). Anyway he proceeds to go in to all of these childish things to say, something about my skin color, how it doesn't fit me or something like that. Then he just keeps going on about some other stuff (shoot I should have saved those emails!) Wow, where did this come from??
Another guy I went out with recently... well he's a trip all the way around! Prior to going out, he told me how he was such a gentleman, and how he doesn't even like to kiss on a first date. Well we go out, we go to watch Arizona basketball. I was fine just having a few beers, apparently he thought it would be a good idea for me to do a few shots after Arizona won. Anyway I wasn't really liking how things were going so I decided we should go meet my roommates at the bar (kind of a tell tale sign when the girl you're going out with wants to go meet other people). We did, and we continued to drink more. Well we all go back to the house, and he wasn't going to drive home. I left him playing cards with the roommates while I went to sleep. Somewhere along the line he came back to my room too. He goes home the next day, and is calling me the whole way home - telling me how much he likes me, how I made him blush (huh?!?!) and just all sorts of WAY TOO SOON stuff. Later that evening he called AGAIN, and "jokingly" says he's outside my place. (that's not so funny to me!!) Since then, it's just gotten even more weird I recently got an email from him asking if "whatever we should call this" is over, and if this is goodbye? Because, if it is, he will return the Christmas present he got me (ummm it's a bit soon for gift exchanges) I've also recently gotten emails telling me how he's cried over me, and that I'm just a player, and how could I get back on Match.com after our date (umm it was one date, not a relationship - I'm not tied yet), and that he never should have opened himself up to me. I've told him that I don't think he's much of a gentleman at all after taking advantage of a situation where he got me drunk. Oh well I'm at fault a bit there too, but come on. This dude apparently thought we were together after one date...personally, something has to start before it can end. the last email he got from me was "STOP CONTACTING ME"
WOW - what can I say about all this?!?! Other than - sheesh, and I though dating was tough back in Phoenix.....
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment