Wednesday, January 31, 2007

We accept the new girlfriend, we don't have to like them...

So I haven't stayed friends with a lot of exes. But there's a couple that I stay in touch with, and am friends with. That is more the case with guys that I just went out with a few times. It's always the most interesting to hang out with one of them after they have begun a new relationship. Inevitably, the guy will mention to me at some point when we're hanging out, we will start talking about who we're dating, and every time the guy will say "you know, you'd really like her, you guys would get along great." Now I'm not trying to say they're wrong, but guys, I have a piece of advice for you...

No girl that you've dated wants to hear this.

Why, do you ask? Because no matter what, even if she ended the relationship, she still feels a sense of "entitlement" when it comes to you. She doesn't want to think of someone that you're with now, especially if it's someone who's a lot like herself, it causes her to question things. Maybe she made a mistake letting you go, did she miss something in what you had together? Or really what it comes down to is that now that you're friends, someone has officially replaced you.

No comments: