Ok so I've been getting grief for having this site up, but yet nothing posted. So Val, this is for you.
So in my life right now I've been blessed with an amazing group of girlfriends. For probably the first time since HS, I have a stable group of GIRLS that I can rely on. We have our girly moments, but for the most part we're pretty low maintenance. Most of us are perfectly happy spending a Saturday or Sunday with the boys watching a game. That doesn't mean we don't enjoy getting all dressed up and going out dancing. Well the other thing about all of us, we're all single. Since we're all single, I've begun to notice some very disturbing things!
First of all, who are these guys that think "hey come to my place and hang out" equals a date? Call us old fashioned, but I think the first few "dates" should include a meal, drinks, or some other event. If we've gone out a few times, sure, hanging out is ok, but not in the first "get to know you" stages of a relationship. I know some women would kill me for what I'm about to say here, but DAMN, this whole women's liberation movement has screwed us single women! I'm all for a chivalrous man that wants to open my doors for me, pay for dinner, and just generally treat me like a lady
Secondly, I know, we aren't all blessed with the gift of dance. Hell, sometimes I don't think I am! But if you're a guy out at the clubs, and you know you can't dance...DON'T TRY! I'm not trying to be mean, but more than anything, you're not getting bonus points for trying, but you are providing us our entertainment for the evening.
Well this is just the beginning of all I have to say, but I'm always up for a topic to go from, so feel free to leave me suggestions on what you'd like to hear about.
Thursday, December 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jess, I agree. All too often guys think "We can go watch a movie at my house," equals quality time. I unfortunately have fallen for this recently. A dinner (we are NOT expecting Ruth's Chris, but Taco Bell is also not acceptable), and decent conversation are not too much to ask for. I mean, after all, putting yourself on the line and being vulnerable is half the fun of getting to know someone. The beginning of the relationship is exciting, why is everyone in such a rush to take it farther so quickly?
Post a Comment